Saturday, May 15, 2010

The answer to your prayers....

is often not at all what you thought you were asking for. I guess God knew that I would never be able to do it on my own. I needed guidance. What he gave me was a big shove in the back.

I came home one Friday evening to a message on my voice mail. It was a lady from the state needing to talk to me. Of course this would happen on a Friday when offices are closed for the weekend. I wondered what she could possibly want. I had not turned in any paperwork. I hadn't talked to anyone. Why was she calling? Monday could not come soon enough!

First thing Monday morning I called. Of course, she was not in her office and would have to call me back. I left my school number where I could be reached. At the time I was teaching kindergarten. When she called back, I remember my students were noisy. I was trying to hone in on the words I was hearing on the other end of the phone. Was she saying what I thought she was saying? Yes, even among the noise and chaos there was no mistaking it. She said, "Hi. Your birth mom would like to have contact with you."

No comments:

Post a Comment