Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Not the greatest idea I've ever had

My newborn son was about 2 weeks old when my birth mom found out I had him. How did she find out? Well, I had changed our voice mail recording on our phone introducing our new little one. When she called, I wasn't home and she heard the recording. That is how she found out. I DID NOT at all plan for it to go that way. It had been several weeks since I had talked to her, so I figured when I got around to it I would call. I admit, I was being very stubborn and definitely should have called her. My mom even asked me in the hospital if I had called my birth mom to tell her. That was shocking, because it had been a year or more since she had mentioned her name at all. Anyway, I was planning on calling to tell her, but she beat me to it.

When I called her back, she answered right away. She asked a lot of questions about my delivery and if he was healthy. She actually sounded pretty good. A little annoyed, but overall it was a good conversation. She apologized for not checking in on my sooner and said she had been so busy. She talked about having birthday gifts for my daughter (her birthday was 8 months prior to this conversation, that's how long it had been since I had seen her). She said she would call and make plans to come see me. The conversation went well, or so I thought. Once again, I was not at all prepared for what was ahead.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. I just found your blog and have read it from beginning until this point. I am sorry that the relationship is going downhill. I really don't have any advice but I can relate to the not wanting to tell your children about a placed a child that was placed for adoption. But my ex husband took that into his own hands and told our oldest and out of fear I had to tell the little one. I hope things improve for you both.

    ReplyDelete